Fall Out Boy’s M A N I A Tour comes to Central Arkansas

Photo: Jordan Woodson/The Forum

The hit rock band Fall Out Boy came to Verizon Arena in North Little Rock Tuesday night with opening acts Machine Gun Kelly and State Champs.

The night started with 5-member pop band State Champs, consisting of lead singer Derek DiScanio, base guitar player Ryan Scott Graham, drummer Evan Ambrosio, and guitarists Tyler Szalkowski and Tony Diaz. They played six songs and started the night off with a bang. The crowd, despite not a lot of people knowing who they were, got really pumped with their up-beat music that is similar to what the stars of the night generally play.

Next up was rapper Machine Gun Kelly, who has been in the news recently for his beef with fellow rapper Eminem. Luckily, or sadly depending on how you view the feud, MGK did not throw any shade towards Marshall Mathers, instead playing eight of his hit songs, including “Home” featuring X Ambassadors & Bebe Rexha, “Bad Things” featuring Camila Cabello, and “Till I Die”. MGK tore his shirt off in the middle of his performance which left some girls, and some guys, in the audience swooning.

Next came the act everyone was there to see: Fall Out Boy. The mega-popular rock band got their start in the 2001 with lead singer Patrick Stump, base guitar player Pete Wentz, drummer Andy Hurley and guitarist Joe Trohman. The band played more than 20 of their hit songs in just under 90 minutes, making clever use of the big screen behind them with showing things like the dance scene from “Pulp Fiction” during their song “Uma Thurman”, a montage of middle fingers from a variety of movies, tv shows and viral online videos during their song “I Don’t Care”, and displaying the words “Make America Psycho Again” during their song “American Beauty/American Psycho”.

Halfway through the act, the band members moved to a raised platform in the center of the arena that had “FOB” (Fall Out Boy) in big light-up letters and “10/9 Little Rock, AR” underneath, similar to a movie theater sign. This allowed for people that were further away from the main stage to get a closer look at the band they paid money to see.

The night ended with the song “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)” as Peter Wentz crowd surfed, ending the amazing night on an even higher note.

Leave a Reply