Members of the senate and executive team opened up the floor for SGA Student Choice Awards nominations, a yearly tradition dating back to 2004.
The SGA gives out three awards: Faculty Member of the Year, Administrator of the Year, and Staff Member of the Year. Last year’s winners were Associate Professor of Political Science Rebecca A. Glazier, Assistant Vice Chancellor For Student Affairs Amber Smith, and Student Experience Center Director Jennifer Dodson, respectively.
For Faculty Member of the Year, nominations include:
- Nitin Agarwal, Jerry L. Maulden-Entergy endowed chair and professor of information science
- Joseph Giammo, interim director of the political science department
- Joanna Lewis, associate dean of the College of Arts, Letters, and Sciences and associate professor of history
- Elizabeth Pierce, chair and associate professor of the department of information science
- Rachel Tennial, assistant professor of psychology
- David Tonkyn, chair of the biology department
- Charlotte Williams, director of the Center on Community Philanthropy at the Clinton School of Public Service, and associate professor of public health
For Administrator of the Year, they are:
- Richard Harper, associate dean of students
- Judy Williams, associate vice chancellor of communications and marketing
And for Staff Member of the Year, they are:
- Bryan Green, administrative assistant II
- Holly Meadows, coordinator for new student and parent programs
- Robert White, HVAC
President Brian Gregory said that the SGA will vote on the nominees for each category either this weekend, or next Monday.